Thursday, January 3, 2013

K.E.I.D.A.T. Blog Post 2


            Kim: Empty Inside: The Diary of an Anonymous Teenager Blog Post
            I am still reading K.E.I.D.A.T. by Beatrice Sparks. She’s just told Becca about what Mark did at the party. When she writes about it in her diary and includes her own inside thoughts, she says she can’t stop thinking about what had happened, but she also says she feels stupid for not listening to her friends when they told her to watch out at the party for people who might want to hurt her. I think that Kim, as well as her friends are to blame in this situation.
            I think Kim contributed to the problem in a big way. She’d been warned by her friends not to get too comfortable at the party and watch out for anyone trying to get close to her, and that’s exactly what she did. I hope that anyone in their right mind knows not to consume anything at a party with strangers that they haven’t prepared or opened (drinks, food, bottles, etc.) themselves. Kim’s a smart girl, and she should have known better, and listened. I think Kim is so wrapped up in her own world that she doesn’t really listen to people when they try to help her. This instance is a perfect example. If only Kim hadn’t been so concerned about herself and the way she looks, maybe this would have never happened to her. She was afraid about the party a few days before it, and then she got so self absorbed the day of that she let this happen to herself.
            I also think that Kim’s friends are to blame here. Kim wrote in her diary that they promised to stick with her at the party, which obviously didn’t happen. If they’d stuck to their promise, they would have taken Kim the second Mark introduced him self to her and stayed with her throughout the night, so that hopefully she wouldn’t go to the garden with Mark. They also knew that this was Kim’s first party, and they should have suspected she might not have heard or understood everything they’d warned her about. They should have looked out for her like they said they would have, or not brought her to the party at all.
            In conclusion, I think that Kim and her friends are both to blame at the same time. I hope that Kim’s learned her lesson, and that so have her friends. Maybe Kim will realize she’s not hanging out with the right group of people and leave them even if it upsets her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment