Thursday, January 17, 2013

PLL12 Blog Post


            Right now I’m reading Pretty Little Liars #12: Burned. In my last blog post I talked about how the setting benefited the plot. By reading further, I’ve discovered that the main issue is that they need to find out who A is, but they also need to find out what their relationships with one another really are.
            I think that since Spencer, Emily, and Aria are doing to hula dance in the ship’s talent show, it shows that they are getting closer. Hannah really didn’t want to do it, even if she was with her “friends”, so I think that Hannah is less willing to become friends again as the others are. Maybe that’s because she was tormented so much by “Ali” that she doesn’t feel like her friends are really genuine and want to become friends again. I also think that since Hannah dropped out of the dance to be in the talent show with Naomi, she’s reinforcing her distance with the group.
            I think it’s a bit strange that Spencer, Emily, and Aria are so willing to do this hula dance together. They went from barely ever speaking to being best friends all of the sudden. I think the whole A thing has definitely brought them all closer together, maybe Hannah less than the rest. However, I think that this is such a drastic and big change in all of their relationships with each other that it seems weird that they would become acquaintances to best friends so quickly.
            Overall, I think that Spencer, Emily, and Aria are very eager to stay friends like when they were before, and Hannah just doesn’t want to get hurt again.

4 comments:

  1. Why, hello Fiona,
    This is a great blog post. I liked how, since you did not use a summary, you made it clear that a blog post on the same book or series came before this and had a summary. But the post was in such a format that I almost felt like I knew what you were talking about even though I have only heard of "Pretty Little Liars" from you. I thought that your use of quotations was a smidge confusing. Like when you say, "even if she was with her “friends”". I didn't have enough context to know why friends was in quotes. But this is a TERRIFIC post. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tiv!
    The quotation marks around the word friends was to show that they weren't really her friends, more of acquaintances, but I totally understand how you might need more context. I'll try to work on that for my next blog post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona:
    This is a great post! You did a great job including enough background information to show your main idea. It would add even more if you added quotes from character as evidence! I love how you really pulled apart all of the relationships and looked deeper int why the got closer. Do you think there could be any other contributing factors to them getting closer? And why do you think that Hannah is not as close with them? And do you think it is possible that Hannah wants to get closer but the other are being a little exclusive. All in all, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Elinor!
    I'll try to add in some more quotes next time!
    I think that a lot of their history, and current struggles, such as being simultaniously blackmailed by the same person, are factors to them getting closer. I think Hannah is more reluctant to be friends with them, because she used to be teased by a lot of people, so maybe she's more guarded when it comes to rekindling friendships. I think the other girls are really trying to be Hannah's friend, like when they "forced" her to be in the talent show with them.

    ReplyDelete